Thursday, May 30, 2013

From Boxes to Bargains

So, life has been a bit crazy since I last wrote. Before I begin writing about more of my moving adventures, I would like to take a step back to the weekend and share our wonderful chalet experience.
My mom rented one of those new beautiful beach houses in the lagoon area over by Khairan Resort. We were by the Al Zor chalets which is a newer beautiful area. We had a three story, 5 bedroom, diwaniya, driver room, huge living room, dining room, kitchen, giant yard and a pool chalet. We rented it from Thursday till Saturday for KD 300 and it was worth every penny. There were tons of kids with us because my niece invited tons of her friends. They all had a blast going for walks and hanging out at the beach. My nephew and his little friend spent countless hours in the pool. I was worried he was going to turn into a prune!
The chalet had all the necessities you need. Fully equipped kitchen, pillows, blankets and all that. It was just a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it.


Story of my life! ^
 

Now on to moving. Oh my word it is hectic! So we put an ad up on Just Landed for all of our furniture and my phone has not stopped ringing. I like that everything is going fast, I was worried things wouldn't get sold. However, what I can not stand is the disrespect. People are coming into my home that I put my heart and soul into and try to basically rob my husband and I. We are already selling our stuff at ridiculously low prices and people want even more of a discount and things for free! We aren't a charity here! We are a young married couple moving that might need that money just as much as you need that furniture. It is just annoying and disrespectful. Like one guy came last night to look at our PlayStation for his kids and made a big deal about him coming for that and we mustn't sell it before he gets there. So he gets here and tries to haggle. We are including three controllers and their wires, this motion controller with a gun to go with it and the camera all for KD 60. I am sorry that is a bargain. This man was all like aren't you including all your games in the price? Um..no...those are my husbands games. Plus the games don't really lose their value and if he wanted them they are honestly all about KD 300 worth. Then he goes on to say no you must give me a better discount, I can go to a store now and get it for KD 60 new. Well you know what I say to that? THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE AND GO BUY IT ELSEWHERE!!! What the hell is wrong with people?
Any who, my mom bought our couch and my mom in law ended up buying the PlayStation. I just love them so much. They are itching to help us out in any way possible.
We also sold our dryer yesterday so it is air drying our stuff for a while...eww...We also sold our washing machine last night and the guy is coming to pick it up tonight. So it also looks like I will be washing our clothes in the bath tub!!! Haha going totally old school here. I hope someone buys our beloved Samsung Smart TV! We are really selling it for a steal. It is KD 300 but brand spanking new. The 3D glasses are still in the plastic! The original price is close to KD 500. We shall see.

Anyways, note to everyone: Just Landed really works but get ready for very rude and invasive people. They don't respect that this is still your home and not the Friday Market.

Tata for now...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment