Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekend Getaway to Bahrain

So over the weekend Indiana and I went to Bahrain to visit a good friend and have some fun. Have some fun is what we did!

It is amazing how different Bahrain is to Kuwait. We just felt like we could breath. It is so easy going and beautiful. We stayed in the Movenpik which was very nice. On the weekends they have a brunch you go to that is out of this world and so are the drinks. We must have sat four close to five hours with our friends just having a good time.

We also ventured out into the city a bit and went to a bar called Diggers. An interesting place that is. It is a hot spot for men, especially western men. Let just say you get more than just drinks and music at this place. I believe I was the only female that was not of Asian orient. However, Indiana and I had a blast cause the live band was out of this world! We spent pretty much the whole night by the stage and I even got to sing!!! Very cool. We made some new friends and it was just all a good laugh.

That is what I like about my hubby and I, we are adaptable. This bar isn't really our scene but we made the best of it and had a blast. We just go with what ever life throws at us with a smile. We are a team and that is how we make it work. It is the two of us or neither of us. Doesn't work for every couple but that is how we role. There is no need for girls night out or guys night out cause we just sit and wish we were together. When I say we are best friends, I mean it. There isn't an interest of mine that he doesn't share. If he doesn't in the beginning he will always give it a go and visa versa. Maybe that's why 5 years down the line we are still obsessed with each other. It is always fun and a challenge. The Bahrain trip was just another adventure in our book of many.

I would highly recommend those short trips to Bahrain. I prefer it to Dubai actually. Less crowded and so much more affordable. Did I mention how pretty it is? Hehe. Any who, just wanted to share.

Hasta Luego! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment