Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bahrain Bound :)


Well remember the post I put up about making big decisions? Well that was because Indiana and I were doing just that. My husband got an amazing job offer in Saudi Arabia but the company will house us in Bahrain. He will be able to come home every night because he works close to the border. It will be a 45 minute to a one hour drive. So basically what we spend in traffic here in Kuwait most days!
So we thought about this long as hard and decided that we would take it! Indiana was very thoughtful and wanted me to make this decision with him 100%. He was worried about my job that I just started because I like it and am making my way in the company. So he even presented the option of me staying in Kuwait and we visit on weekends. Um....thank you luvie but no way in hell! I am young and only just graduated a little over a year ago. I have time to explore in my career and try out new things. Yes, I love my job but I also love the idea of exploring more in the business world.

So all in all, this is exciting and terrifying all at the same time. We have soooo much to do in the mean time. Sell my beloved Jeep :(. Get rid of all our furniture. Pack all our belongings. Get our dogs ready to be moved over with us. So much to do. But we have some time so it is ok.

We also get to go to South Africa!!!! YAY! I have been dying to go back. Indiana has to go to sort out his medical and all that jazz to get his visa for Saudi. So we thought, what a great time to take a nice vacation before we start a whole new chapter in our lives!

It is funny, I have lived in Kuwait for the majority of my life and probably spent the majority of that time wishing I could get out of here. Well now I am and to be honest it is a bit overwhelming. In the end of the day, this is my home. Kuwait is what I know. Although I go mad here sometimes, at the same time I love it. So this is going to be a lot harder than I first imagined it would be. Thankfully we will only be on the other side of the pond so we can come visit all the time. Although, I believe friends and family would much rather come and visit us! They can soak up the sun in a more relaxed environment and not to mention be able to unwind with a nice cold beer or glass of wine!

The place I believe we will be living is like a dream. It will be a villa in the floating city and our back yard will be the water! Talk about a dream come true! So of course Daisy Duke, our boat, will be making the journey with us. Oh, I almost forgot the Jet Ski, that will be along for the ride as well! I am so excited for Nikki and Max they finally get to be in a house with a yard!

The more I write about this the more excited I get. If anyone has any tips or tricks to make this transition easier please post on my blog. I would appreciate all the help I can get!

Masalama! xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment