Monday, May 20, 2013

Tis the Season to Be Snotty!


So today is my pink sweater day. I believe I am catching the oh so infamous flu bug. I saw my niece was getting sick the other day and thought oh no! I am on my last week of work and really wanted to leave with a bang! You know, make people miss me kind of thing. Leave while you are on top. Well...with the way I feel today...my bang will be more of a snotty sneeze.

I woke up this morning in a funk and was late to work. I put on my usual clothes I wear to work which is pretty casual because I dress in our bands. However, my large, old, pink. Washington DC sweater came with me. The moment I put it on everyone was like are you ok? I am in a huge sweater when it is boiling outside! I think that question is silly. So I have three more days of work and I get to fight off a bug the whole time.

While I am on the topic of the flu and colds, make sure you know which clinic or hospital is the one to go to. If you are like me and hate medicine then I will also share some home remedies I prefer.

First off, below are the clinics I would recommend when needing to get a check up.
  • International Clinic- Dr. Richards specifically
  • London Hospital if you live down on the Fintas side of town
  • Al Salam Hospital if you are on the city side of town
I usually don't stray from International Clinic. I have been going there for as long as I can remember.

Now for my home remedies.
  • When you feel that bug coming on, boil some water and pour it in a cup. Then, put a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, some honey and cinnamon on top. This helps kill the harmful bacteria building up in your throat.
  • If you already have a sore throat and are coughing up a storm here is something to ease the pain. (My mom-n-law taught me this one) It is the same concept as the one above however change the vinegar to lemon. Its not the best tasting drink ever for both but they really work.
  • I also, boil water and put fresh ground ginger into the pot. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes then drink it. This is a long term remedy that has numerous health benefits. I would get in the habit of this one.
  • I am a firm believer in those heat water pads. When you are feeling icky get one of those and park it on the couch with one of those and relax.
  • If your stomach is uneasy you will be surprised what a simple hot/warm glass of water will do. Nothing in it, just hot/warm water.
  • I am also a firm believer in soaking in a bath when feeling groggy.
  • If you are a lady, I would invest in a lot of cranberry juice when living in Kuwait. I buy the organic cranberry pills you can get at any pharmacy. It is completely natural.
  • Sleeping problems? Warm up some of your preferred milk, pour it in a glass and out some honey in it. It works like a charm when your head hits the pillow.

If you have any good home remedies I would love to learn more! Any who, let me go attempt to work.

Good bye for now as I wipe my sore nose.... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment