Thursday, May 23, 2013

What is Healthy?

So, my rant yesterday got me thinking about health. I wouldn't say I am healthy or a health nut, but I have made a huge difference in my diet and lifestyle since I got fed up with the image. Then it got me thinking, what is healthy? I don't believe in diets, pills and all that. I have tried them but I get too cranky and get cravings and am in general not happy. So instead, I took the everything in moderation approach. I didn't cut a single thing out of my diet nor did I substitute things. I just watch more carefully at what I ate. I realized I drank coke like a crazy person. So I started paying more attention to water and made sure I got that in while I lessened the amount of coke I drank. It was the little things like that that added up and made all the difference. As I mentioned in my ranting post, I lost a good amount of weight but I would like to to note that weight was not my main concern. I didn't focus on a scale and all that, I just focused on how I felt when I looked at myself. I judged it on how comfortable I was in my own skin. So below is my before and after picture. Now some people wouldn't see me as fat even when I had the extra weight but that isn't the point. I gained more weight than I ever had, I felt like crap about myself, I wasn't sleeping well and I wasn't confident in myself anymore. So below is the picture. Now my next step is to get into a workout habit and tone my tummy so that I can be confident in a bikini again.


The left picture is a more recent one when I started to like how I look again. The right side is one of my low points when you basically had to force me to take a picture. I was forced to take that one because it was Christmas and I needed to be included. :( However, I am feeling great now and when I out those two pics side by side it totally boosted my confidence and made me just feel good.

So on an end note, get out there! No one is going to do it for you. Take charge of your life before it is too late and love yourself.


Peace Out! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment