Saturday, June 8, 2013

Little Philippines Detour

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I took a short trip to the Philippines from Sunday till Thursday. It was good fun. I met some really great people from around the world and learned a whole lot from them. I really enjoy learning. I take every opportunity that comes my way just so that I can expand my horizons. Life is just plain dull if you stay in your comfort zone and continue to be stuck in your ways. 
The Philippines was a lot like I expected; beautiful but dirty, full of life but filled with struggle. There are parts of Manila that your heart aches just driving by. Then, there are the grand malls and so forth that make you realize that it is just like the rest of the world. Poor and rich all at the same time. I really loved the people. Such a friendly culture. Everyone, male or female, rich or poor greeted me with a smile. 
I didn't get to see even close to what I wanted to but my hotel was grand! We stayed at the Sofitel Plaza in Manila and it was just out of this world. If you want luxury then that is the place to go. 
It was really hot and humid. Everyone said I should be used to it coming from Kuwait but hell no!!! Kuwait is dry people! We have a very short and mild humid season and that is it. I could not handle the humidity. 
Indiana and I have to go back to go exploring and find a nice place to dive! 
On a life note, I am back home. We don't have hardly any furniture left. Living on lawn chairs in the living room and sleeping on an air mattress in the bed room. We are taking the living out of our suitcase thing to a whole new level. It is fun though I must admit. I would recommend taking away all of your luxuries from time to time and remember that life and love is a gift on its own. All these other things are added bonuses. 
Now we are at my mom in laws place getting ready to eat a pork rib feast!! Yay! My mom, sister and our niece nephew are on their way. Family is good. The best really. 
On that note...I must go! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment