Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ribs and Rumps- A must try!

Goeie Middag! (Good evening in Afrikaans) :)
Tonight Indiana and I went to Ribs and Rumps for our second go at the restaurant. Both times was a big success. Both times I have gotten their Fillet cooked medium. I am a big steak person and must say that this has become my favorite steak place here in Kuwait. Their selection is great and the service is impeccable.
It is a South African restaurant and I am happy to say it is also equipped with South African chefs.
My steak was amazing and so was Indiana's.
We did have one little mishap however. We ordered their white fish cooked in batter appetizer thinking it would be pieces of fish fried and served with a dip of some sort. However, it was tiny local fish with their heads still on fried and served like that. I did try it, not my favorite. It is also not appeasing to the eye to have the heads still on. My only criticism is to include a description of that on the menu. I felt bad wasting the food but I certainly wasn't going to eat it.
If you happen to be a Saffer, they have boerewors and boereworse rolls with the proper red relish. It is delicious. Their mixed grill is also on par.
If I had to give an rating I would give the place a 9 out of 10. The steak is a 10/10 by far. The menu would be a 9/10 (more description needed). The service would be a 10/10. The ambiance would also be a 10/10.

The prices are reasonable. It is more on the expensive side, as steak places are, but worth every fil. We ordered drinks, a fillet, a rib eye, two extra sides and three sauces bringing us to a total of KD 26.500.

If we were staying here this would definitely turn into our date night place of choice. Now that I am properly full, I am going to retire to a blissful slumber.

My delicious fillet cooked medium!



The white fish cooked in batter appetizer (notice the heads...eww)


OH on a side note, Indiana, my mom in law, and I will be on our way to South Africa next week!!! Things are really coming together! I can not wait to eat good food!!!! 

Totsiens!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment