Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Let's Talk Life- Love

Let me start off by saying this past month, though it is not over, has been a very humbling experience. First off, living in a beautiful apartment while sleeping on an air mattress, sitting on lawn chairs, ordering take out because we don't have kitchen appliances, bringing our laundry to my mom-in-law's, and so on so forth has been an experience we won't forget. You really do not know how good you had it till it is all gone. Our trip to South Africa is still on hold pending our boat situation. All in all, though it can be frustrating, this has been an adventure for Indiana and I. It has brought us closer in ways I did not know possible. I am so happy to have him in my life. My partner my best friend and my rock.
My life lesson for today: The true meaning of love. I thought I knew love. I felt it many times before. I do know love, but true love only came when I met Indiana and spent time with him. I always fell in love, went along for the ride and then it ended. I kept thinking. 'what am I doing wrong?' Now, and only now, I realize that I wasn't necessarily doing anything wrong. In fact, I was doing everything right. The problem was always in the love. I thought love was sacrificing more than you should. I thought love was questioning anything and everything. I thought love was saying and hearing the words. I thought love was those butterflies you feel in your tummy that eventually go away and you find yourself at a crossroad saying, 'well I have put so much time and effort into this I might as well stay'; or you find yourself letting go and pursuing new love. In the end the answer ended up being so simple that it is so easy to miss. Love is loving someone completely and then here is the big secret, love is feeling all the love you give, given back to you in return. Everything I sacrifice, Indiana does the same. All the love I give and show him, he gives and shows it back in return. When you finally find someone that truly loves you back, you feel it. You know it in your heart and all the way through your bones. Saying the words is nice but you no longer need it when you find true love. True love is a hard thing to come by. All I can say is that when it comes along, hop on for the adventure, get lost in the moment and stay on that journey, with your special person, for the rest of your days. Be willing to feel the love back. It hits you when you least expect it.
True love has been the best thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Just some food for thought from my life lessons...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment