Friday, June 28, 2013

An Empty Space

As I walk through the place we once called home I feel a pinch of sadness rush through my body. Though it is is the midst of summer I feel chills run through my body as I make the last few rounds to make sure we haven't forgotten anything. I look at these empty rooms that are no longer filled with furniture and love. The only evidence that people once lived here are nails in the walls. Nails in which will soon be taken out in preparation for the new tenants. It is hard saying goodbye to a place we spent so much time and effort on. It is hard to say goodbye to a life you once lived. Now we will be leaving this place for the next people to come in and call it home. 
One thing I have learned is that home truly is where your heart is. I know that we will walk into our new place in Bahrain and stare at those plain walls and get started again. It takes love to turn a house into a home. So we will begin our new journey in due time. We will fill our new place with hopes and dreams once again. Further down our timeline of life I know we will too walk through that place doing our last rounds and feel the same tinge of pain. Only the next time we will do this will be because we will have finally reached our end goal. All of the time, love, patience, effort and hard work will be because we will finally be making our move back to the states into a home that is truly ours. It will be in a house that we own. A house that our future children will grow up in. A house that Indiana and I will grow old in. It will be the home that when we are old and grey we will look around and be proud of. We will remember our life in the Middle East and reminisce all the countless moves we made and smile. We will smile because our life will have been filled with color.
This move has been tough but we have kept a positive outlook because it is proof that we are progressing. It is proof that we are one step closer to our ultimate goal. A goal in which we will have earned more than we can even now imagine. 
So I say goodbye to my long stint in Kuwait and hello to a new adventure. I know everything will work out in the end because my true home lays in the heart of the man that stands beside me. This strong man that I have given my whole heart to is where I feel safe. That is the true meaning of home. 
I am lucky and I never take my life for granted as each day passes. 

Take care for now. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment