Thursday, April 25, 2013

Why Hello There

Hello people,

It has been a while since i got on here. Let's just say like got hectic. New job is crazy busy so when I get home the last thing I wanna do is sit in front of a screen. However, I made a commitment by making this blog and thus I must maintain it.

Summer is fast approaching and I must say, I love the weather. Yes, I also love the heat. Kuwait's heat doesn't bother me at all. I guess I am just used to it after living here for so long. I actually prefer it. I hate the cold. Can't stand it!!! My hubby can account to that. So summer is where I belong.

Our boat is finally fixed and tomorrow will be our first full day on the water after our first attempt last weekend failed. Shooting off to an island for some fun in the sun! We will be going out for our neighbors birthday celebration. She is super excited. Then again, I don't know when she isn't. She is a wonderful woman. The kind that makes everything in like full of color. She is so warm and kind hearted. However, I tend to be more earthly toned in my way of like. So sometimes, the level of enthusiasm can be a bit much for me. Indiana and I like our quiet time. The alone time after a long day of work. Our home is our sanctuary, the place we can unwind and leave work behind. In other words, sit on the couch in our birthday suits watching TV. :) Our neighbor will come to our house more than I would prefer. Her new thing is to just open the door and come on in. I understand that her way of life is super open but ours isn't. I'm just not sure what to do about this situation because I really like her and don't want to hurt her feelings but a married couple needs their space!

Anyways, enough venting. Work has been great. I do much more than my job title but I love the responsibility. I do something different every day. I am not just stuck behind the desk for eight hours a day like a zombie. I like having a bit of freedom in my job. So all in all, life is good.

Back to summer approaching, DON'T FORGET SUNSCREEN! especially if you are new here in Kuwait, don't be brave or stubborn. Just put it on. It never killed anyone. If you want  tan still wear something for protection. My favorite brand is Coppertone. Get the tanning cream, SPF 4, that is made with Cocoa Butter. It doesn't leave that icky feeling on your hands and actually smells really nice. Not to mention you get a lovely tan at the end of the day. Due to my Irish and Scottish roots, I am destined to be more pale skinned. Yes, I also have the curly hair to go with the stereotype. I enjoy a good tan. Though it takes me a really long time and a ton of Coppertone to achieve it. Indiana is just lucky he tans beautifully after one simple day in the sun. I hope when we have kids they take after him more when it comes to their skin.

Moving on, GET OUTSIDE AND GET SOME VITAMIN D!!!!!! It's good for you I promise. :)

Adios Amigos!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment