Thursday, April 25, 2013

Asnan Clinic for Dental Work is a MUST

Hello again!

Yes I am posting twice today. I wanted to make a separate post on Asnan Tower. They are a dental clinic here in Kuwait located in Salmiya. It is right across the Rays One restaurant on the gulf road if you are familiar with that side of town.

I am very picky about teeth. I wore braces for five years and they did their job. However, though my teeth are straight, like the braces are meant to make them, I have gaps between my K9 teeth. Dentists have told me I can't close the gap with braces because the teeth are simply too small. So a couple years ago I went to International Clinic, my private clinic of choice, and saw the dentist. It was just a consultation and he told me they would crown my top four teeth to give the look I had hoped braces would give me. That would cost around KD 600. So, now that I am working I thought now is the perfect time to fix my teeth. So, I called IC yesterday only to find out my dentist is no longer with them. This saddened me because I only trusted him! Remember, very picky about my teeth. You don't just hand your baby over to any babysitter, you hand it over to the babysitter you trust. The same concept applys here.

So i felt stuck. I asked around the office for recommendations and got a few. But then! I remembered a friend of mine, with beautiful teeth, posted a pic on her instagram of her at the dentist and named the place. I also know this girl is like me and when we do something, we do it right! So I went instagram stalking and found that picture. Asnan Clinic! Aha! So I called them to book an appointment.

This is where the story really begins. Even from the phone call they were super nice and very professional. I also liked that everyone can speak understandable English. Not like IC where I got put on hold twice for long periods of time because no one could speak English, Like hello!!! Why have the option to press 2 for English if I am just going to get someone who doesn't speak English. Come on guys it isn't rocket science. Anyways, needless to say the people at Asnan Tower speak wonderful English. So I booked an appointment for myself and Indiana. Have I ever mentioned he hates the dentist?? This is why I love my husband so much. He hates the dentist but agreed to go with me.

When we got there we opened our files, 30 KD each. They have a deal right now that you pay the KD 30 and every consultation after that is free. The Xray is also free for the first consultation. They were very busy but didn't keep us waiting long, which is very nice. Then came my turn. So, I thought KD 600 was a lot of money to dish out for my teeth. Boy was I wrong! He told me that the crowning of my four teeth is an outdated procedure and instead he suggested putting veneers on my top ten teeth. He explained that it is a better option because it will be less altering of my real teeth, lasts longer (about 15 years) and the color doesn't fade. Not to mention if I did the crowning it would make my teeth very sensitive because they will be shaving my top for teeth into creepy vampire looking teeth. He also told me that when I smile my gums show and apparently they aren't supposed to. I love learning new things! He recommended before I do the veneers to get this procedure where they lift my gums. It is similar to when you go get a manicure and they clean around your cuticles. So I was convinced!! LETS DO IT!!!

Until I heard the price...So for the gum procedure it will cost me KD 300. OK that's reasonable. However, each veneer will also cost me KD 300! And I have to do TEN TEETH!!! What does that amount to you may ask??? KD 3300!!!! I think a little piece of me died inside when I heard that. Where the hell am I going to get that kinds of money?? Then the clinic got even better. They are flexible with payments and I can put a down payment first and pay monthly installments. AMAZING! IC never offered that to me!

Indiana and I went to get our teeth cleaned. What a difference simple cleaning can make! Indiana has brown stains on the back of his teeth from his Turkish coffee he drinks and it is all gone!!! We also found out he has substantially less plaque on his teeth which is why they are sensitive. He was told to stop using his hard toothbrush immediately and switch to a soft one. Everyone should use soft ones to prevent scratching on your teeth. He also, is not allowed acidic. My poor hubby loves his OJ and lemons!!! The price you pay to have good teeth right?

So all in all, I highly recommend this place. It may be a bit pricey but in the end of the day it is worth it.

Here is the link to their website where you can get more info and contact details:

http://asnan.com/en/asnan-tower.php?id=255

Laters!!! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.

    St George Dental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and it is a pleasure. I am big on dental health and enjoy sharing my experiences. Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  2. We'll take that recommendation. One cannot have too much of options and alternatives for their dental care. Whether it's the clinics that provide it, or the methods on the ready. Always be attuned to alternatives.

    Barry @ Gateway Mini Dental Implants

    ReplyDelete