Thursday, January 31, 2013

Home is where the heart is...

I must say that I am a very privileged person. I have a family that loves me unconditionally, a husband that worships the ground I walk on and the best group of friends one can have. What I like about the people in my life is that everyone is so different in every way but somehow it all fits together. Today one of my best friends came over to help me do some of the last touch ups in my wreck room. Then more friends came over and helped me put the blinds up in the room before Indiana got home so that I could surprise him. We were meant to go to Entertainment City tonight but with all the rain most people canceled. Instead we all went to dinner and came back to our place and just hung out. That is what I love. Just being around people having fun regardless of what we are doing.
My husband used to always say that his home is where he lays his head down at night. His words were wise. I don't need a big fancy house or all these artificial happiness's that money can buy. In time things break, wood chips, cars break down and lights burn out. What never fades is the relationships you have with good honest people. I wouldn't change my life for the world. I wouldn't change myself for all the money in the world. I guess I am one of the more fortunate people to be able to realize these simple facts that seem like common sense but are so foreign to many.
Sometimes it is good to just take a step back at look at your life. I mean really look at it. Whenever I feel like life is just too overwhelming I try to do that. To look at what I am doing and try to make small changes along the way to better Olivia. Too many people are caught up in the rat race and are incapable of just slowing it down for a second. I feel that if you are running throughout your whole life there will come a time, probably when you are just holding on to your life, that you will look back and say, "I just wish I would have taken a moment to stop and smell the roses."
I try not to take anything in my life for granted. I don't want to look back at my life and wonder, "where it has gone?"
Just some food for thought to start off the weekend.
Good Night for now. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment