Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Honey Authentic Thai Food

Hey there!

So the one thing everyone knows about me is my love for authentic, spicy Thai food. If I could, I would be perfectly happy eating it everyday. I love the combination of such fresh ingredients and spice. My favorite dish would have to be chicken Tom Yom soup. I had found my authentic Thai food place in Kuwait and when I moved here I got serious withdrawals. So, I was on the hunt for my perfect Tom Yom soup. Alas, my search has come to a happy ending. Honey Authentic Thai food restaurant is my new favorite little hole in the wall. It is located in Manama right next to Gold City, down a small ally way. It has won three Time Out awards for best budget restaurant and I would have to agree. It is really cheap and great quality. What this place offers that Kuwait didn't is pork dishes. Needles to say that made Indiana very happy.

Their Tom Yom soup is perfection in a bowl. I like pairing it with some sticky rice. Another dish I discovered, thanks to my brother in law, is Pork Nom Tok. It is a plate of spicy pork deliciousness. You can get it in chicken and beef for those who do not eat port. Just say "whatever" Nom Tok. It is spicy by the way. Indiana tried their pork spare ribs and loved it. I also has a little myself and it did not disappoint my pallet.

I hope to explore more dishes in time, if I ever don't order the Tom Yom soup that is.

My one criticism is their Thai iced tea and coffee. I sent the iced coffee and milk I had back because it tasted off and sour.

It isn't a glamorous place so no need to dress up. It's a great place to go after a nice long walk through the souk as a food boost before heading home.

In my book, this place gets a very high 4 stars. I will continue to eat there for as long as we stay in the Kingdom,


Picture info: Chicken Tom Yom Soup (left), Pork Nom Tok (top right) Pork Spare Ribs (bottom right)

If you have any places you would like to share I would love it! Discovering yummy food is my passion!

Catch Ya Later!!!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment