Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Whole Lot has Changed!

Hello Everyone!

I have been off the grid for so long I am not even sure if I have any readers left! A lot has changed in the last year and I just never knew what to write. I needed some privacy.

Earlier this year, I complained about the place I was working. One day when I was in a colleague's office discussing work, my horrible department head barged in and started screaming at me. She started to accuse me of not being professional and all sorts of nasty things. I had had enough. Usually, I take pride in staying professional in any situation but this time was different. I live my life according to certain principals I believe in. RESPECT! I do not allow negative, disrespectful people in my life for a reason. I enjoy a positive lifestyle. The last place on earth I expect to deal with such disregard for other people is at work. Everyone "should" maintain a level of professionalism when in the work place. She basically took those basic human morals, rolled them in a ball and tossed them out the window. So I gave her a piece of her own medicine. She did not like this. I left the office early that day in order to compose myself. She clearly doesn't know how to count to ten before acting when upset because she proceeded to send the owner of our company a very emotion driven email calling me poison to the workplace and all sorts of other poorly written comments. You can see she wrote the email in about 30 seconds, didn't read it through, sounded like a complete moron and then sent it to the owner of our company. Needless to say, I went to his office the next day and quit. I didn't quit because of that one day but that day was my eye opener that this toxic place was not worth it. He begged me to stay but I told him I just couldn't. So I freed myself of all that negativity that took a toll on my mental health.

The other thing in my life happening at the same time that helped put life in perspective for me was the fact that I fell pregnant. Trying to come to terms of this huge new moment in life helped me realize that I do not need to settle. We are lucky that my husband can support the both of us and I didn't need to be working at place that didn't appreciate me or anyone for that matter and getting paid pocket change for it. A couple weeks after I quit, I had a miscarriage. It was a very sad time for us but we didn't let it get to us too much. Luckily both my husband and I are very realistic people and I knew the chances of a miscarriage during your first pregnancy. I also know there is a reason your body rejects the pregnancy and we need to trust my body. So we decided we would take it in our stride and keep moving forward. What this experience did show us is that we were ready to start that new chapter in our lives. We decided to just let things go the way they are supposed to. We decided not to "try" for a baby and just let it happen when it was supposed to. We had a holiday coming up. We went to Texas!!! So we decided to have a fun filled holiday and enjoy ourselves before we start a family. Well,,,,,,we are proof that you really can not plan life. After my miscarriage I had my first period and everything was back on track. I really invested my time in getting fit and healthy and I tell you, I was looking pretty damn good. I went down almost two sizes and was even getting V lines! I did a six week training class and at the end of it I participated in a 4 km obstacle challenge. Then, I missed my first day of my second period, post miscarriage. I just knew. Five pregnancy tests later, which all showed different results each time, and a blood test from the clinic later, I got a phone call from my OB/GYN telling me she didn't expect to see my file on her desk so soon and congratulations. There I was, pregnant again full of mixed emotions. I was terrified inside. Last time a fetus never even formed. So this time I just didn't know what to think, It was a mixture of nerves and excitement. Indiana felt the same. So we decided once again to take it one day at a time and to make a long story short, here I am almost 7 months pregnant with  a baby girl! We are due on February 26, 2015! This has been the most exciting time of our lives. We have grown so much closer. So now my blog will stay the same basically, only I will probably write about a lot more things baby. I still want to share my experiences, especially with food (my passion), and continue to learn and share what I learn about life in Bahrain and life in general.

So there is my intro to the new step in our lives and I look forward to dedicating more of my time to documenting my experiences and hopefully getting some much appreciated advice along the way.

Here we go!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment