Tuesday, July 14, 2015

New Alienware and Bad Service at Sharaf DG

Hey everyone!

So a while ago I decided that for Indiana's birthday I wanted to get him a new gaming laptop. This turned into a lot of research on a topic I didn't really understand. I know what RAM is and a CPU and all of that but I quickly learned there is much more than that when it comes to choosing a gaming laptop or PC. Eventually, I told Indiana and that I would rather him choose the one he wanted because those things are not cheap. Last thing I wanted to do was waste a hell of a lot of money on something he didn't want. That turned into even more days of research. Then we decided that I would also get one so we could game together. In the end we were going to order me a 13" Alienware laptop and Indiana a 17" Origins laptop.

Then we went to the mall. Sharaf DG to be exact. That is when I saw the Alienware PC. It was this small, sleek, sexy looking PC. We checked out the specs and it was pretty much the same as the laptop I was going to order with more internal memory; 2 terabytes. I was sold. I officially have my first gaming PC! When we got home Indiana helped set it up and I started downloading Call of Duty Ghosts which is one of my favorite games. I finished that game in about 4 days! The graphics is amazing. Indiana started to eye my PC as well hehe. We were in the process of placing the order for his Origins gaming laptop when we got to the check out part of the whole ordeal. The payment method was via wire transfer or check. Not the best of options for us living over here. When we asked if we could pay with our American credit card they said that is fine but they want the shipping and billing address to be the same. Um yeah that also doesn't work. We live in Bahrain but I can't make my billing address somewhere in the Middle East with my American credit card. So alas, we canceled the order. Then we were going to order an Alienware for him. But he kept on eyeing my super sexy PC. Over the weekend we went and got him one. Now we are both the proud owners of gaming PCs!

Our experience buying his PC at Sharaf DG though was less than desirable. Maybe I just have too high of standards when it comes to customer service. We are in the store and asking for information regarding both the PC and laptops by Alienware. In the end after all the inquiries we tell the guy we will take the PC. Great! Now they come and tell us they are out of stock and that is the last piece. Problem number 1: Put a piece of paper saying it is the last piece so you don't screw with customers wanting to buy it or take it off the damn showroom floor! Sell what you have! We then ask when they will get new ones. He calls that manager and the answer is never. Ok so clearly here we don't like to reorder stock that sells right? We then say ok what will our discount be if we buy the display model. Remember we are talking about an expensive gaming PC here. He proceeds to tell me no we can't give a discount. We said no that is unacceptable, the PC has been running you can't expect us to pay full price. He couldn't even answer my husband when he asked how long the PC has been on. He proceeds to call the manager who agrees to give us a whole BD 10 off! WOW what an idiot. That's just plain rude. I then ask to speak to the manager. I am told I can not because there is no store manager present because it is Friday. Excuse me? No store manager at a major electronics store on the busy day of the week? Are you serious? What in the world is wrong with this place? In the end we took the  PC because it is the one Indiana really wanted but I am really not happy with the service. They didn't even offer us an extra warranty or anything. I swear customer service in the Middle East is just plain shit. If we were somewhere else we would have gotten either a real discount or extended warranty. Oh and he also proceeded to tell us the reason we couldn't get more of a discount is due to the fact that there is barely any margin on the price of the laptop. HAHAHAHAHAHA and that is my problem as the customer why? This whole situation would have been avoided if they simply put a piece of paper on the PC stating it was the last piece.

Here is another hilarious moment that made absolutely no sense. The laptop on display was a 3rd generation old model for around BD 1,400+/-. Under the counter they had the new 4th generation model for about BD 1,280+/-. This is the same laptop just older model and newer model. When we asked why the older one is more expensive the salesperson could not answer us. It made no sense. What it did show me however is that the store is most likely trying to clear old stock before they put new stock on the shelves and rip off customers while they are at it. Let me lay this out in another scenario:

"The year is 2015 and you walk into Land Rover and wish to purchase a beautiful Range Rover Sport. You fall in love with a beautiful model on the floor. You get in and love the feel, the look, the smell, pretty much you love everything about it. It is, let's say, 40 grand! You then find out this beauty is a 2014 model. You ask the sales agent if they have the newest model. Same car just the new one. Yes they do! You want it but are busy wondering if you can afford to pay over 40 grand because of course the newer model is more expensive right? That is the way the world works right? An older model of anything depreciates right? Especially when the newer model is out, RIGHT???? No you find out the newer model is 35 grand! HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!! "

THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! So why did it happen at Sharaf DG? I am still a little stumped on that especially seeing as online the newer model is more expensive than the older model. HMMMMMM.

I really don't know why I still get surprised anymore. I want to make a note and say though the salesman was very nice and tried his best to help us as much as he could.

Regardless, we are happy with both PCs. Alienware is awesome. Our PCs are the X51 which is a great smaller PC in size. That is what sold me on it. I have always hated the big tower under the table that collects dust and you are forever hitting your shins on. Plus, when bambino starts to crawl there is no pic tower under the table that she can pull all the wires out of! It is brilliant.


How hot is that????????

So needless to say, we have been gaming like crazy every night after we put B down for bed, eat and shower. HAHAHA the couple that games together, stays together!!

So what are your favorite games?

Adios Amigos!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. how do I contact you? I have many qstns I want to ask you about Bahrain but I have no idea how to find your contact info.. thank you.

    ReplyDelete