Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Moving Up....

Hello All,

Work has been insane. I haven't had any time to myself lately. There was definitely no time to blog and I missed it. So I thought I would take some time out now and just write. Work is going alright. I still have to deal with daily politics, lack of proper English grammar, and bad attitudes but there is a plus side to it all. On Sunday I got my own office. I used to sit in a big room with two other coworkers and it was really nice when you wanted to have a chat. However, when you needed to make a phone call or concentrate....not so easy. So now I am in my own little quiet space and it is lovely. I went and bought some office decorations and made the place feel a bit more warm while still maintaining a professional appearance. Everyone in the office loves it. I think I may have inspired a few people to do the same. They way I see it is you spend close to 70%, if not more, of you week at work. Why not make it a comfortable place you enjoy? Sitting in a dull atmosphere, hating your work area for 70% of your time is not healthy. Positive outlook and thinking can go a long way in your life. Believe me, I speak out of experience.

On home life, everything is great. Indiana and I have really sunk well into our new life. It was tough at times. I tell ya a big move like this is hard but in the end it was all worth it. Life is so much calmer here. The country is a lot more tolerant than Kuwait was. The great thing is that even though Bahrain is more open, they have managed to keep the beauty of the culture alive. The way it should be. The world is an ever changing place and if you don't jump on the band wagon, you are just going to be left behind. No one is coming back for you after that. So yes, it is good to stay true to ones culture and immerse it throughout the country but you should also be tolerant of your surroundings. If you country is filled with expats that help grow the economy then you must also cater to their needs. It is a give and take situation. Something Kuwait hasn't caught on to very well. Bahrain tends to embrace its expats. So all in all, there isn't really anything I regret about this move thus far.

As for exploring Bahrain, I am sad to say that I haven't done much exploring. I did however find two small shops that I really like. One is an Arts and Crafts store at the beginning of Budaiya highway under the Marine seafood restaurant. It is a great shop that has two stories full of arts and crafts materials. I myself am not very artistic but I love going into these places and sometimes I get inspired to try something new. The other store I really really like is further down Budaiya highway close to the big Alosra called The Bookcase. It is this small little store that sells a great variety of books. It also sells little trinkets so it has a really homey feeling to it. It is tiny but I would probably spend hours in it looking at everything.

Well that is all for now.

Laters xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment